The David Baerwald Info Source
This site is intended as a source for info on the musical career of
David Baerwald. The information below is stuff that I've collected
over the past few years. If you can add to the source, please
and I will be sure to add to it. Or you can simply add your comments
and info right here. View added entries
The picture to the left was given to me by its creator, Jeff Wells. He
originally created this picture to be used in the Rolling Stone article
about DB (this was around the time of Triage - hence the "AIDS and
Armageddon theme). The article ran, but the pic didn't make the cut.
So here it is, after all these years, finally making its debut. I want to
thank Jeff for allowing me to show off his work.
- David & David - Boomtown (1986)
- David Baerwald - Bedtime Stories (1990)
- David Baerwald - Triage (1992)
- David & David - "Free At Last" from the Posse sndtrk. (1993)
- versions of Bedtime Stories and Triage were also issued that contained intro dialogue by DB before each track.
Other contributions (writer, producer, musician)
- Olivia Newton John - various tracks from The Rumour - musician (1988)
- Robbie Robertson - "Shake This Town" from Storyville - background vocals (1991)
- Joni Mitchell - various tracks from Night Ride Home - musician (1991)
- Sheryl Crow - various tracks from Tuesday Night Music Club - co-writer and musician (1993)
- Rickie Lee Jones - various tracks from Traffic from Paradise - musician (1993)
- Ethan Hawke - "I'm Nuthin'" from the Reality Bites sndtrk. - writer (1994)
- Jill Sobule - "Supermodel"- co-writer (1995)
- Susanna Hoffs - various tracks from Susanna Hoffs - producer, writer, and musician (1996)
Other stuff -
- DB had a pretty big part in the movie The Crossing Guard written by Sean Penn and starring Jack Nicholson.
- Rolling Stone featured a rather lengthy article on DB right around the time of Triage being released. I should have the
exact date of that issue soon.
- Playboy had a bit in their music section a couple of years ago about a possible release by the Tuesday Night Music
Club - the band that was made famous by the Sheryl Crow release of the same name that included both Baerwald and
David Ricketts of David & David.
- I talked with Jill Sobule during the Lilith Fair and I asked her about DB. She said that she didn't meet him and that they
co-authored the song "Supermodel" over the phone.
- DB is opening for Jewel during her most recent North American tour
Email me with any additional info that might be added.